Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have a reason to worship.

I was just listening to Tear Down the Walls this morning. In the CD, there’s also a re-recording of the 'Desert Song'. I love this song, but I admit that last line causes me to think.

All of my life, in every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

Don't we only worship because there is something worthy of our adoration? Or is that just me? I may go to Worship, because it's Sunday and I am expected to be there. But I don't always feel worshipful. It may be (and usually is) because I am not right with God, it may be because I don't agree with what's being preached, but most often it's because I am not right with God.

This is when I have to go back to the line "You are still God". You are still God, no matter what. Whether my heart is right, or whether it isn't. You are still God, whether I praise you or if I don't. You are still God.

You are still God in EVERY season. Therefore, regardless of whether I feel like it I will sing Your praises, I will worship You.

As Job declared, “Though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him” (Job 13:15). In other words, my reason for praising and worshipping God is God alone. Had Job relied on God’s blessing and tangible mercies to worship God, he might have rather taken his wife’s advice to “Curse God and die” (Job 2:9). Instead, Job understood that simply because God is God is reason enough to sing His praises, reason to worship.

All of my life, in every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship


Maybe when I am at church on Sundays, I should focus on Worshiping God, and not my attitude. Maybe if I did this I would find a worshipful heart, and lose my self pity. Maybe I need to remember that I have a reason to worship not only on Sundays, but every day, every moment, every event, every tear.

Maybe I just need to trust God, and find reason with that alone to worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment